Friday, December 30, 2016

Lidia gets her mission call and the rest of Nov and Dec


Lidia's mission call finally arrived the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
We started her papers in August. It all took longer than we thought.
I think there was definitely some miscommunication between 
the stake, the ward, the family etc. We thought her papers had been
submitted but the stake president was waiting for her to teach his 
family first and they were having a hard time getting their schedules 
to match up to get it done. It's just something our stake president 
requires, not a church policy thing. She had to teach his family a 
lesson and get someone to go with her as her partner. Thanks to 
Stephanie Dyer for doing that for her.

Sister Newman has been called to serve in the Washington DC South mission!
That means northern Virginia which is the nicer side of the Potomac River.
Her mission president is Brother Huntsman from Utah.
She reports to the MTC Jan 18. I don't think she was very surprised but
I had been telling her she might go to Tonga or something. lol
It's comforting that she's going to an area we are familiar with and
it's less complicated since she is staying in country.

Indoor soccer for mutual was fun and maybe a bit dangerous. lol

Some of them would run into the chair rack and the chairs would fall off on them.
Since it's a gym they really should put the chairs elsewhere.

Our first snow was mid November, just a bit.

I love the sun.



I did not cook this Thanksgiving. We got up and went to Cracker Barrell at 11 and ate their Thanksgiving feast. It was great. No cooking or mess but good food and it wasn't too expensive either. After we ate we went to see Moana.
It was so good and it made me cry thinking about Lidia going on her own journey soon and hopefully my mom
is her guardian angel like Moana's was. 



Much more snow for Thanksgiving!

Cory and the dogs chillin

Food bank service

getting solar panels installed

Avery texting me hello

Aiden's group performed at Festival of Trees. He actually likes getting "tan" for performing and is doing well in his
ballroom classes and making new friends.


We had a nice ward Christmas party and Sterling played
 Santa, he is Avery's friend Segen's older brother.
It was funny.

Our new star spins lights around the ceiling. It cost more than the tree. Our old
cheap tree's lights stopped working this year so we threw it out and got this one
for $20 on Black Friday. I refuse to waste a lot of money on a tree.
The star was $25.

We made dolls and blankets and delivered them to Primary Children's Hospital and Uof U NICU.

Christmas ballroom show



Aiden and Brianna

Grandma and Grandpa came to see him dance too.

All of us YW and leaders went to the David Archuleta Christmas Concert.

It was so good and we are so glad the power outage was fixed just in time!

Nathan Pacheco was the guest performer with David and he is so good too.



More food bank service.



I got Cory to try Sister Fluckiger's cinnamon roll recipe. Pretty good.

On Dec 16 we took Lidia to get her endowments. It's a long evening after getting
 there over two hours early but she did it and we are proud of our girl.
I'll have to buy her her own temple clothes that fit better than the ones
they have to rent.




Fun YW games for mutual Christmas party








We drove up to Snowbasin to see how much snow they had. It was a nice afternoon but the snow was old and crunchy.

We went to temple square to see the lights and to the German deli for sausages
 and German gingerbread. Lidia was at work and Aiden was in SLC on a group date.




It's great to warm up in the visitor's center and museums.




The church history museum has been updated and is more interactive.







Aiden and Brianna from his dance class.

We gave Oliver some of our little people stuff for Christmas.
I decided to give him the 4th of July train since that's Micah's birthday.
We gave him the garbage truck because it's fun and he likes vehicles.

We had our dinner on Christmas Eve. We bought a prime cut prime rib from Costco. It was like $100!
Cory really likes prime rib so it was for him. It wasn't my favorite. I just like sirloin. It was a nice dinner though
and Micah brought Christmas crackers! Micah was sick with a fever. He had worked that day anyway.


too rare for me, i cut it up and heated it more




I didn't bother to wrap Lidia's presents. It was all clothes for her mission. I just put them all in her suitcase. lol

This didn't work. Tristan snuck past the toy motion detector and climbed over the rail to go downstairs before we got up.

The dogs got treats in their stockings but couldn't get them out so Tristan helped.


Dad sent a brick set of the Provo City Center Temple

Avery got more Legos, Next Knights.

We had a very white Christmas. Cory missed Nicole's baby blessing that morning, not good conditions for driving.

I got a huge mug to hold hot chocolate and whipped cream and
 marshmallows and room to stir.

What's Christmas without Cavenaughs? 

We got a nativity nesting doll at the bookstore.

Christmas Sunday after church

Church was nice. The narrator of the program was a British gentleman. It reminded me of
being at church in England.

Max likes to run around in the snow. Millie does not. She gets cold. She doesn't have all the fur. He comes in with balls
of snow all over and he pulls them off with his mouth and leaves them in the floor. lol

We all took turns building the temple.


Cory got me an umbrella catalpa tree for Christmas. I have been wanting one.
They look very charming like they're from the Shire and they create nice shade.
He had tried to surprise me. i had no idea what he was getting me. He turned off his
phone so I wouldn't see where he was on find my iPhone. Well, he forgot to look where I
was before bringing it home because I drove up as he was unloading it. He was so
disappointed but I told him it's ok because I was surprised. I was just surprised on
the wrong day.

I was using the snow blower to clear the patio but didn't see the stuff under the snow
so the water hose and a rope got pulled in. Cory got it all out for me. lol

We went sledding after all of that snow and Avery really enjoyed himself for the
first time. We kinda made him in the past. lol






Oliver turned 1 on Dec 27th and me and Lidia went to meet them for dinner.
He's so cute but wasn't happy when he grabbed his parents warm queso and
dumped it all over the table and his hands. lol

He has many faces. lol


I ordered myself some things from one of my favorite shops in England for Christmas.

As soon as we finished it Avery started using it as a castle for his Knights. lol

We got a visit from Rachel and family over the holidays! 

I really like this brand of boots and they are starting to sell them here but for a lot of money.
I got these online from England for less.

Oliver's birthday party was at Lisa's mom's house. He wasn't in the mood to destroy a cake.


He liked presents though.



He doesn't want to be held down, he wants to run around and play.




More snow, Cory helps clear the neighbor's if he has time.

We have been getting lots of snow. It's fun and pretty as long as I don't have to drive init much. 

These are the dolls the YW made. They use them to show children what's going to happen to them like where their
incision will be and the kids get to keep them and draw on them too.

We washed up and got masks on for a tour of the NICU.