The kids here generally tend to say every curse word in the book, for real. My kids are just having to tolerate it and I hope they are honest in saying that they don't ever use those words. Well, the kid that lives across the street and is in Tristan's class has been cursing a lot lately and calling people bad names. He has called Avery an SOB right in front of me and he called Cory one after school Wednesday. Of course he is saying it to Tristan but we overhear. I get on to him when he is naughty. When Cory heard him his hands were full holding the boys' bags and so he tapped him on the bum with his foot and told him he better watch what he says. Well Chris went home and told his mom that Cory kicked him. I'm sure that's what it looked like but Cory says he barely touched him, he was just getting his attention. He would have tapped his shoulder with his hand but it was full. The mom went to the headmaster and complained so I got called in when I went to pick up the boys yesterday. I didn't know anything about it. Cory didn't even mention it. I went over and talked to her and told her what Cory said and apologized but also told her what a foul mouth her son has had lately. She was nice and I think somewhat mortified that her son is cursing at grownups as well as kids. She says she doesn't know where he picks it up, must be school. However, if you let your kids watch tv unrestricted here it is full of trash. I rarely let my kids or myself watch any tv. They watch movies. I hate drama with other people's kids. I particularly don't really know what to do about this kid. Tristan can't really distance himself from him since he's our neighbor and he is in his class and he is the only friend he has made. Tristan would like to make other friends and I think he is trying. Chris even hits him sometimes and does other inappropriate things I won't mention. I know he has aspergers but that's no excuse despite what some may say. He definitely knows better and behaves differently when he knows he can get away with it. I told Tristan he needs to try and play with other kids, not just Chris, but he still has to be nice to him. The headmaster said Tristan and Chris were arguing about whether or not there is a God the other day and came to him to help sort out the disagreement. A lot of people don't believe in God here. It's new for us to be around that. I may have been the only Mormon kid in my class but everyone believed in God. My kids find that very strange and disturbing. They have religious studies as part of the curriculum here but it's presented in a very factual way, not spiritual.
The kids say they love the new car. We'll see how long that lasts. Avery rode front and center yesterday and loved it. We had to take Lidia to the orthodontist. It was fine as long as he sat still. I can't have him squirming all over if he is sitting next to me while I'm driving. I was thinking the smallest kids should sit up front between the grownups but we may have to change that if they can't be still. It was easier to park at the grocery store yesterday because it's not as long but I am having to learn to judge width distance. It's not much wider than the van but it feels like it because you are sitting closer to the door. I did like having a real trunk to put groceries in. I also like that it has an input for my iphone so I can listen to my tunes. I need to read through the owners manual and make sure I know all about the car. We don't drive a lot here. We seem to fill up our cars maybe once a month. Church is the only place we drive to regularly. Cory takes Lidia to seminary every morning and we take them to mutual Friday nights and then we all go Sunday morning.
I feel like junk again with a yucky cold. I'm not happy about it. Cory seems to have it too. Aiden's cough is better but not gone. Maybe we have what he is trying to get over. I never know if it's just a cold or allergy related but either way it stinks. I hate gagging on snot, sinus pressure face aches, stuffy and runny nose etc. Time for a sinus rinse. I did it to Aiden and he didn't like it. hee hee