Yesterday we traded in the Renault Espace for this Honda FRV. I hope it lives up to Honda's reputation and we don't have any problems. I also hope we don't want to kill eachother after a road trip all sitting so close together. It's perfectly fine for everyday since Sunday is the only time we are all in the car unless we go out to a movie or something and maybe a Saturday day out. I just wonder how it will be when we drive to Germany. I guess we will find out. We could still have a van shipped from the states but we would rather wait and buy one when we move back. We could just rent a big van for road trips but that is expensive so it would have to be really bad to justify that. Cory just wants to know if he can fit his bike in the back when the seats are down because sometimes I pick him up from work. Yes, he cares about his bike and I care about the kids driving me nuts. hee hee. I like the car though and it would be nice if we could take it back to the states with us but I don't know if work will ship a foreign car back even if it meets US specs. If not, it should be easy enough to sell since it's a Honda. I was very happy with the small dealer we bought from. He was very nice and seemed honest. He is Irish. He thought Cory was so quiet and laid back. He asked if he's always that low key and I was like "yes" and he was like "wow". At first he thought he was tired and I told him that he wasn't tired, he was just thinking. Cory doesn't show a lot of personality unless he's making an effort to. He's generally more slow and thoughtful. But that's a good thing because I can be quite opposite. I noticed that one tire of the car had less tred than the others like the tires had not been rotated and balanced regularly so he replaced the tire, or "tyre" as it is spelled here. It kind of makes me sick to think about the 2500 pounds lost in the trade since I bought it seven months ago plus repairs but at least I will not be spending more on it. Here there is a 20% VAT added to the price of everything including cars so you lose that much as soon as you buy it. If it had been a reliable car I would have sold it myself but I couldn't honestly convince someone to buy it from me when I just wanted to be rid of it. I did like it when it worked and kept trying to make an excuse to keep it. It's kind of like breaking up with a boyfriend that's really cute and you have fun with him but he gets you into trouble and you know he's no good for you. It's tempting but you do the right thing and you dump him. That's how I feel. hee hee. silly huh? I also went back to the dealer where we bought the Fiat and had them give me a trade in value on the van too just to compare and the same guy that sold Cory his car helped me and he was so dang nice too and helpful. I would buy a car from him if he was selling the kind I needed. It's so nice to find helpful people to deal with because there are so many out there that are not. So if anyone here is looking for cars, Phil at Evans Haleshaw and Kiernan at CJ's auto are good guys.
