Sunday, January 27, 2013

Melted

OK so the snow was fun but then it snowed more and got really icy and the garbage truck won't come if any roads are icy and it's a bit tricky walking to school. The main roads get gritted but neighborhood streets don't. Cory was fine riding his bike after walking out of our street. Very few people shovel sidewalks here. I understand not having snow plows but come on lazy folks, clean your walk! Only us and one other cleared walks on our street. They don't get much snow often and it doesn't last too long so I guess they don't think to do it. Anyway, I am happy that it has warmed up a few degrees and it rained a bunch last night and we woke up to green again. No snow or ice left, all gone. It's supposed to be like 12 degrees C this week! That's way better than 1 or 2. The sun is shining in right now and the boys are playing out in the garden. It is really cold when the wind blasts but the hedges are probably shielding them from it. In other good news, we are getting a new car! We are trading in the Renault for a Honda FRV. It's set up like the Fiat but nicer and newer and has a bigger boot. I figure that if I bought a car seven months ago and it's been to the shop three times and been towed and cost me a ton of money, I better get rid of it now before it becomes an even bigger money pit. It's a tricky thing that Grand Espace, people love them when they work. They have lots of good features but in the end all of that is no good if it's not reliable. Reliability wins. Darn the French! Just kidding. I'm sure there are lots of great French things, just not making cars. So for now we are keeping the Fiat as Cory's car and I am going to have him teach me how to drive it in case of emergency. Yes, I am going to attempt to drive a stick. I'll have to go to the big car park late at night to practice.