We were happy we got a real snow storm Friday and ended up with five or more inches of snow where we live. Cory did go to work, a friend picked him up in the morning when it wasn't too bad yet and then dropped him off after work at the pharmacy so he could pick up my medicine and so Trent didn't have to drive up and down our hill. Cory just walked home after he got my medicine. I took the kids sledding on the hill behind our street and they had fun and after I started to walk to get my medicine but met Cory on the way and he already had it. I was glad. It wasn't too cold but it was windy. The kids enjoyed playing in the snow and eating the snow (Avery) and just looking at it out the window. I heard the boys singing Christmas songs that morning as they stood in the hall looking out admiring the beautiful whiteness. I believe Avery was singing Marshmallow World and Tristan It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Aiden built a little snow man. They were also excited because they didn't have to go to school Friday. Glenfall cancelled but St Eds didn't but I kept Lidia and Aiden home anyway. Very few kids went to school and the ones who did goofed off most of the day. I'm sure there were teachers that didn't come in as well. Some of the roads got closed and in the afternoon St Eds sent out an email saying no afternoon bus service due to bad road conditions. I would be mad if I had sent my kid in on a bus and then they said they couldn't get them home. Luckily we can just walk. I love being able to walk places. We were fine with groceries anyway but I could have walked and gotten some if I needed to. I told Cory I almost feel like I'm becoming institutionalized because I am getting used to living in a little village and don't like to have to get in the car on a regular basis. Of course if traffic were not so horrible here I might not mind driving as much. When we were in the states though it did seem exhausting to have to drive all over town for things. So silly. We dug ourselves out the best we could Saturday and managed to take the kids to see the Hobbit which we all enjoyed and to grab dinner and a few groceries. Sunday it began to snow again during church so they cancelled our after church ward conference meetings but Cory and I stayed after anyway to get our temple recommend interviews with the stake. The snow didn't amount to anything yesterday and we are watching the snow slowly turn to slush and melt away. It's been like a high of 1 so it's not going fast but I'm glad it's not too cold and icy. They don't have snow plows here. They just have grit or dirt that they throw on the roads. There are buckets ever so often along the main roads so the workers or locals can shovel some out onto the road as needed. The neighborhood streets don't get it so our street is still white but the main roads are mostly clear now. I don't imagine we will get another storm like that this year. They don't come too often. We were happy to get the snow though. We were feeling a bit jealous of all the snow in Utah but not envious of the cold temps. We did realize that Aiden doesn't have snow boots that fit anymore. He had to wear his wellies with thick socks and then he had a hard time getting them off. This is what most locals do anyway but he wants snow boots. It will have to wait. By the time I manage to get him some his feet will grow again. He is not likely to need them again this season except maybe when we go to Germany. I offered to let him wear mine but they are red and too girly looking for him to even try on. We are doing good and all pretty healthy at the moment except Aiden has a cough that we would all like to go away. The kids went back to school today and Cory was home with me for MLK jr day. We did some work at home and then went out to lunch and ran an errand and then time to pick up the kids. I had a good salad at TGI Fridays today. It was the shrimp crispy noodle salad. It had a cilantro citrus with sweet chili sauce dressing and the greens had red peppers, red bell peppers, red pepper flakes, tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, and crispy noodles on it and topped with two skewers of grilled shrimp. It was sweet and spicy and good but next time I will ask for dressing on the side because they put too much on. My mouth was on fire. I like sweet and spicy. It's a good combo. Cory made a Chinese beef dish the other day and it turned out yummy, sweet and spicy, a lot like crispy beef but we didn't fry the beef. Cory and I split the brownie and ice cream dessert to cool off our mouths.






















