Thursday, May 23, 2013

Oxford


I went to Oxford with Kathy, Frank, and Grace yesterday. We had a nice time even if the sun did wait until we left to come out. At least it came out. We did a two hour walking tour and our guide Fred was very entertaining. I don't really remember all of the stories he told but it was good. Oxford itself was not overly impressive since it's just a bunch of old colleges and you can't really go inside because they are in use. You can go inside some buildings if you pay but I didn't. After the tour we had a nice lunch at a pub and then drove back. It's about an hour from here. I wouldn't mind going inside the Bodleian Library sometime but I don't know if I will. All of the universities use it but the books can't leave the library.
It's funny to see modern chain restaurants in such
old buildings.

 I thought it was funny that these people had their miniature
 horses out on the street. They were raising money for something.




Christchurch seems to have the nicest campus.

There were a bunch of deer out in the meadow.



This had something to do with Narnia.



Bodleian






This round building is where you go for ceremony when
 you enter and leave.

This building was the hospital in Harry Potter and the upstairs
was a classroom or something.