We have been here about two years and have not had anyone come out to visit but I'm happy to say that's about to change. Carrie is coming first of May and Cory's parents are coming in July and my dad is coming end of August and Micah and Lisa plan to come while dad is here too. I'm so excited! Anyone else wanna come visit before we move back next year? :)
In other news our iMac is not well. May have to get a new computer soon. Hopefully it can be fixed.
I have bought several different oils from Do Terra and really like them so far. I've used them more than I thought I would. The lemongrass really helped my wrists which get sore quite often from tendinitis or carpal tunnel or something and I've rubbed it on Cory's sore arm. He broke it when he fell off his bike a few weeks ago. I have a basal skin cancer on my chest, at least that's my self diagnosis, it's now shrinking thanks to frankincense and it's also helping Cory's rosacea. That's quite a big deal because his poor red skin on his nose has been a pain for years and nothing the doctors gave him helped much. There are some other oils I've been putting on the boys for different issues and they say they like them and can tell it helps. I'm not sure how much but if they like it, that's good. When I had a bad cold a couple of weeks ago I used the Breathe oil and it helped a lot. Lidia refuses to swallow pills so I just put oil on her for her headache the other day and it seemed to help. I like this natural medicine stuff. I have long believed that doctors over prescribe medication and am glad to learn of things we can do for ourselves before heading to a doctor. I'm not against doctors but don't like all the excess medications out there causing a host of problems. I wish all doctors were taught both medicine and natural healing. A combination of the two would make the best doctor. I understand there are some naturalist doctors but they seem to be few. That's the future of medicine though, I think, or should be. I'm sure long ago people knew about all these natural remedies and then we got modern medicine and the old way was forgotten. We need both. It's strange to me that all of this seems brand new and kind of crazy voodoo witch doctor stuff when it's been around for ages. We are so clueless as a general population on the basics of how to properly care for ourselves both physically and mentally. I think the real health crisis is a lack of education and over dependence on modern medicine and quick fixes.
We just finished a nice weekend of general conference. We stayed up and watched all of the sessions live on tv. I just plug my iPad into the tv and stream it through that way. I love general conference. It's so uplifting and inspirational. It also made us all a bit homesick. Temple square looked beautiful. I love the leaders of our church and know they love us and are humble servants of The Lord. I guess I didn't know or hear much about that ordain women silliness last year but it's been more publicized this year. I think it's sad misdirection and I'm glad that most women do not agree with that group. I think it's selfish satan like self empowerment that leads one to want a certain calling so bad that they try to demand it. However, the Lords church doesn't work that way. It's about love, sacrifice, and service. We should focus on what we can give not what can we take. I try to serve The Lord in His church in whatever way is needed and where I am called. It is not for me to go tell the bishop or prophet what I should be doing at church. I don't think these are bad ladies but they have been beguiled by some ideas of the world that just are not true. We are equal but our responsibilities are different. One responsibility is not better to have than another. All of our service is needed and important. The mission statement of ordain women claims that they are trying to make the prophet go to The Lord with their concern. Do you really think he hasn't already done this ladies?! He is the prophet. He knows what's going on. The questions have been asked and the answers have been given. You just don't like the answers. Revelation comes through humble obedience, Faith, prayer, patience, not public pressure. I don't think it was a coincidence that a few talks mentioned Martin Harris and the lost pages in conference. I hope this one loud group doesn't give the world the opinion that most LDS women agree with this group. We do not. It annoys me. However, I don't dislike any of these ladies. I just don't like what they're doing. This is one misguided idea but I'm sure they have many other good ones.
We are going to Italy this weekend and I think we are all started to get a bit excited. I'm always stressed too but what else is new. I'm the planner and organizer and they get to just enjoy while I worry. I'll try to relax once there. I've got to get our taxes done before we leave. Joy.