We had a nice trip to France and Switzerland. Paris was very hot, in the nineties, and our hotel didn't have air con. I was surprised. I should have checked that. Oops! Cory and his parents spent the two days going to Versailles and to see the sights in Paris. I took the kids to Disney Studios the first day and Disneyland the second day. Overall the kids were pretty good and we had fun. There were a few times Tristan really tried my patience, or lack of, but we survived. It was very hot so we drank lots and they had a few mist spots and fans to try and help. It rained a ton on us the last night while waiting for the show on the castle to start. The kids wanted to leave but I was like no way this is the best part. The rain subsided for a bit and they did the show and it was great. Avery said he was so happy his dreams had come true. Lol The rain came back as soon as the show ended (can Disney now control the weather?) and we rushed to get our bus back to the hotel. The drive to Switzerland went smoothly. The French countryside was pretty with fields of sunflowers everywhere. We entered Switzerland in Basel and the guy slaps the driving sticker on the car and you pay him and keep going. Easy. We drove through the old town of Basel by the churches. It was pretty. The rest of the city is just a city. We didn't have any exact addresses to go to. We were trying to check in our hotel in Beatenberg by seven because the reception isn't there after that but we were slightly late. The girl just put our keys in the after hours box so we were able to get in fine. We stayed at a Christian retreat type place. I guess groups go stay there and have activities and Bible study kind of like youth conference but for families too. They also rent out rooms like a hotel though. We had a whole wing to ourselves. Our key was to that wing which had one room that was a living dining kitchen area, three bathrooms, five bedrooms. We were up pretty high on the side of the mountain overlooking lake Thun and with views across to the mountains on the other side including Jungfrau, Monk, Eiger. There was quite a bit of rain and clouds so we only could see the big three glacier mountains a few times during our stay. We had some lovely time enjoying nature and hiking in Lauterbrunnen and Kleine Schiedegg. We also enjoyed the museum of Swiss life in Ballenberg. We had some nice days exploring the cities of Bern and Lucern as well. Overall I think it was a nice trip. I was a bit bothered by how expensive everything is in Switzerland. I kept thinking why would people pay so much to come here when you can enjoy the same things and more in Bavaria for less. It was cool though to be where Cory's great grandmother is from and where she served two missions and where her husband also served his mission years ago.
When we left Switzerland and started driving back to Paris for our flight home, we stopped and spent the night in Dijon. We did a little walking tour of the city following the Owl markers around the historic district. It's a very old town and fun to walk around. It was also fun to go to the mustard shop and try all the different kinds. I bought a little sampler kit of six different kinds. Our hotel was good, had a pool and a nice breakfast. Cory and the kids didn't last too long in the pool though because it wasn't hot anymore. I was also glad it was much cooler in Switzerland. The next day we drove through the vineyards of burgundy and some cute little old villages, stopped at Fontainebleau, and then back to Paris to fly home. I was particularly happy to get to stop in Beaune and see the old hospital there. The building is very pretty with the decorative tiled roof and all. It was built by a wealthy man ages ago as a palace for the poor, or a very nice hospital for the poor operated by nuns. Now that this original building has become a museum they have a newer hospital for the needy nearby. This man's generosity has lasted hundreds of years. We were going to visit a castle but only saw it from afar as the road to get there was blocked off. Once at the airport we turned in the van with no problems and when we went through security somehow Cory got sent to a different line than me and the kids and somehow they let him through without a passport or plane ticket because I had all of them. Well when I got up and handed him all of ours he said I was missing a person and couldn't go through without Cory. We had to take all our things off the stupid belt and I told the kids to stay put and I looked in the other lines but Cory wasn't there. I went back to the kids and tried to call Cory but he didn't answer. I was freaking out. Finally Cory came over to our line but on the other side because he had gone through security already. I had told the guy that my husband must be through already but he insisted it was impossible so when Cory showed up I was like look I told you there he is. The guy was not happy someone had screwed up and let Cory through without documents. So we get to our gate area and it was nice to sit and relax a bit after all that. They had chairs set up in front of a big tv to watch the Tour de France which finished while we were waiting. They also had TVs with video games for the kids and a piano to play. However, our flight was late and we were in line forever waiting to board. We were near the end of the line and when I got to the gate the lady said my suitcase looked too big and made me put it in the frame thing. I had to wiggle and push but it went in and out and she said it was too tight a fit and I would have to check my bag and pay like fifty bucks. I said no I will not because it fit. Well we went back and forth with that then Cory made her watch him put it in and told her we will not pay and they finally let us through. I was about to lose it by this point. Do you really want to pick on the lady that bought eight seats on your flight? Get real. I don't like Charles de Gaulle airport anymore. I've always hated how huge it is. You have to walk miles. I'm not too thrilled with Easy Jet either now. It was my first trip with them. We are also flying with them to Iceland. I'll be sure to bring a less controversial suitcase. I'll just bring a duffle bag. They don't question those. I was soo glad when we finally got home. I made the kids be silent the entire drive home. My nerves were shot. I hate airports and security. I feel like it doesn't do any good, only harasses the innocent and increases ticket prices. Aiden was randomly selected for a pat down on the way there so they made me go watch. I was trying to watch Avery and am glad he didn't run off while I watched them pat down Aiden.
Since we've been back we have taken Cory's parents to see some sights here in England. There's never enough time or energy to see it all. I think they've had a nice time though. Our yard and allotment have a lot less weeds and vines now. :) Lidia and Aiden are away this week at EFY having a blast. Apparently Aiden joined the choir and was in the talent show doing some voice impressions. Tristan has been at deacon camp all day yesterday and today. Avery and I have had fun hanging out and meeting friends for fun activities. We all went to have afternoon tea at Well Walk today. It's more of a girly thing but Avery, Cory and Tim managed to try it all. Now we are overloaded with carbs and sleepy. :)



















































































