Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Party like it's 1964

Our ward building turns fifty this month so they are holding an open house this weekend and inviting leaders in the community and the public in general. We also had a dance to celebrate last weekend but not many people came even though the entire stake was invited. We should have just called it a party and given more assignments so people would come. Brits don't seem to love to dance in general as much as Americans. Even at the youth dances my kids are some of the few out there dancing. Well, Tristan isn't too into it yet but he likely will be more as he gets older. Anyway, those of us who came had loads of fun. Their loss. Cory and I did the decorations. The youth had a dance the night before and had strung up some lights so we had them just leave them up. If children have not ripped them all down yet, they are still there for the open house this weekend. We had a DJ at the dance playing sixties music and we danced for hours. We were sore the next day. Anita gave us a little jive lesson. Cory and I should take some lessons and learn some moves. Aiden says he wants to learn how to properly dance with girls. Maybe he and Lidia should take a social dance class together.



I made my dress the day before. I had everything I needed to make it in my stash except the zipper.
I bought Cory's outfit at Next. Apparently the early sixties look is in fashion again for men.


Derek and Katherine
They moved here this summer. He works with Cory. Nice fun family.



I need to trim my hair.

Sandy and Pam
Maybe older in years but very young at heart.

Kevin and Denise
They just moved here from Utah this summer, both very musically talented also.
Used to be in MOTAB, now happily helping in our ward with singing and piano and organ playing.

Cory and Dougie

Ingerbrit and Ben
Ingerbrit is RS president now and Ben teaches seminary, he used to be stake president.
Now he has time to be in theatre productions again in his spare time.

Emma and Peter
Emma is Avery's teacher and Peter is in the bishopric now but used to be YM president.




Ruth and Aaron
I served in the Primary presidency with Ruth. She is so sweet and very musically talented.


That hippie is Ros. She's awesome, used to teach my kids seminary.

Carl and Sophie
He's the YM president now.



Denise and Anita


Katherine made the Jeopardy game. 


Kevin made fun signs for the food.


This Yves Saint Laurent dress was the inspiration for the photo background.
Apparently Piet Mondrian's art was the inspiration for the dress.



My watch broke so I got this one which has a silicone band which hopefully will not break.
I love red. It's a bit heavy though.

We made this banner while we watched the Christmas devotional for family night.