We are finally home! It's good to be home and in our own house again. There are a few repairs to be done but not too bad for three years of renting I guess. Cory and I are working hard painting and replacing some flooring and our kitchen sink and the yard doesn't look good. There are lots of weeds and there are water restrictions this summer so it's pretty brown too. I hope it survives. I'm thankful for every ounce of rain we get. So our kids are being neglected a bit and are kind of bored with most of our things on their way here. We likely won't get our HHG's until the first of August. Lidia and Aiden have reconnected with their past best friends and loving it. Tristan and Avery didn't really have that before so that's something they will have to work for. Avery is pretty content at home but he did have a play date with a neighbor the other day. He does say he wishes our house was like it was before ie with all our stuff in it. I've decided to send him back to the charter school and if things don't go well I can always send him to our local public school but I'm sure it will be fine. I'm sure he will meet some of his old friends when he goes back. It's a new school. They built another elementary closer to our house and half seem to be going to the new school and half staying at the old one. Tristan is going to the public junior high and seems more excited about it after going by the other day and meeting the principal. Lidia and Aiden will both be at the local public high school and we were impressed by the building at least when we walked around it the other day. I can't register them for classes until the guidance counselors come back next month. Lidia and Aiden are studying for their driver's permits and are both going to work for the school district as part time custodians. They hire teens to work and clean the schools. Some of their friends do it. It pays 8.50 an hour and they work from 3-7 after school every day and during the summer from 7-3 four days a week. So it's also nice that they don't have to work weekends. Hopefully they will do a good job and keep the job. They will hire anyone but they won't keep you if you don't fulfill your responsibilities. The trick is getting a position at a school near where you live. I'm hoping they can get one of the schools in our area. There are four just in our neighborhood. It's been nice to go back to church here and see everyone again. I had forgotten about some people but my memory is coming back. Cory just asks people their names and tells them he doesn't remember. There are several new families too that I'll have to learn. I'm out walking in the mornings with my friends again and it's nice. I'm not sleeping a lot, just how I am during stressful times, so I have no problem walking at 7 am in the summer. We go before it gets so hot. My kids are not used to the heat and don't want to be outside unless it's early or late when it's cooler. Tristan and Aiden went to the skate park at 7am today to ride their scooters before it's hot. Last night we went to the nature park and they rode scooters around the pond. Avery can go fast on his wiggle scooter. He tried to pop a wheelie in our cul de sac the other day and fell back and scraped his elbow. He cried and cried and sat there screaming at Tristan to get help. When I drove up Aiden was carrying him home in his arms like a baby. Tristan scraped his elbow at the skate park today but there was no drama, just a band aid after he got home. hee hee. We are not used to the schedule here and totally forgot mutual and scouts last week. Maybe we will remember this week. Aiden and Tristan are going on a camp out to lava hot springs in ID this Thursday and Friday night. We don't have many youth in our ward so they are happy to have my three. The yw leaders thought Lidia was still 14 though until she jogged their memory and told them she was 17.5. I need to get busy and help her finish her personal progress. Cory has lots of time to take off of work since we didn't come back while living overseas and he's helping get work done around the house. Our storage gets delivered tomorrow. We need the tools and yard equipment for sure and maybe the kids will be excited to see some of the toys they may have forgotten about. Our church records are here so they will likely give us callings soon. They have already asked the entire family to speak in church August 23. I'm glad they are giving us time. It's kind of crazy right now. We bought new cars and like them so far. We bought a new toyota sienna and a used mini cooper. I wouldnt be surprised if one day Cory gets another bmw but this is good for now and a fun little car to drive and a good size for Lidia and Aiden to learn to drive in. Cory's office is actually on base now so that's nice that it's closer and where I thought it was going to be when we moved here eight years ago.
We had a nice time visiting my family in AL and going to the beach in FL on our way here. It was unfortunate that Cory sprained his ankle so badly and was on crutches the entire time but I am glad he was able to leave without the crutches when it was time to go. We have traveled so much that it will be nice to just stay put for a while and if and when we do decide to go somewhere it is likely to be a place we can drive to in our car and in a car that we can spread out in. I was so sick of that six passenger car. It's not cool to have a kid sit up front between you on a long trip.
I do miss some friends in England but I am sure I will see them again one day and it's nice to keep in touch online at least. England is lovely and I will miss many things but it's hard to live temporarily. It's different when you live in an expat community or on base where everyone becomes your extended family but when you just go into the regular community it can be difficult being seen as temporary and feeling temporary. It's also no fun to rent a house even though it's more work to own. I am very grateful for the wonderful adventures we had but I am also glad to finally be home.