Thursday, July 30, 2015

Settling in

Movers bring our stuff tomorrow! I'm so ready to have furniture again. We've been busy painting downstairs and putting in hardwood floors and moulding. I found an old hutch on ksl and bought it and painted it white and put new hardware on it. I am looking forward to putting all of my pretty English pottery on it. Cory has worked so hard. He will be happy to go back to work. There are more projects to come but they will happen more gradually. Lidia and Aiden starting working for the school district as sub custodians. They have been working hard at a couple of the schools moving things and cleaning getting the buildings ready for school to start. Aiden liked it today when he got to climb up high on ladders to clean windows and lights. We got a puppy a week or two ago. It's going pretty good so far. He's a cute little min longhair dachshund. He is about 12 weeks old now. I think Cory even likes him a bit. He's usually not very affectionate towards dogs. I'll take him to obedience class once he's had all of his shots. Aiden and Tristan get braces next week. They got spacers yesterday so their teeth are a bit sore when chewing. They both look forward to nice smiles afterwards though so that's good. Tristan is feeling more motivated to care for his teeth. I'm getting braces too but waiting until early Sept so we can get settled and back in school before I have to go through that ordeal. Getting them on stresses me out. I remember it from when I was a teen and it stinks having your mouth so dry and open and fitting the bands at the back. The end result this time around will be worth it with a more competent orthodontist. Avery will likely be in braces by the time we are done. They are making a minor correction to Lidias front teeth but just with the invisible retainers. We like Dr Coombs. He's a good guy. I hope he doesn't retire anytime soon. I just got a church calling. They'll announce in a couple of weeks once it's all sorted out. No word on one for Cory just yet. It's coming soon though I'm sure.
Aiden turned 16 this week and spent his birthday hanging out with his friend Caed at Boondocks and at home. I ordered him a cool chair for his room that he wanted but it hasn't come in the mail yet.
Tristan started taking thyroid medicine. I think it is helping him have more energy.. He hasn't been falling asleep randomly.
We've been down to Jay's house a couple of times now. He and Leslie have a nice place in Lehi and the kids enjoy playing with the neighbour and their kittens. Last time we were there Rachel and Kelsey were there with their kids. It was fun to see them again. It's been a long time.
We won't be able to go up to Seattle to see Cory's parents on their mission this summer but look forward to seeing them in the fall after their mission.
Micah and Lisa are right in our neighbourhood right now staying with her mom. It's nice to have them close as well. Carrie and I are going to Michelle Shelley Jones' daughter's wedding dinner tomorrow night. There will be a few friends from AL there.
I've gotta finish cleaning up to prepare for the movers tomorrow and draw diagrams of where they need to put things. It will be a very busy day!