Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Whew!

I finished unpacking yesterday. Now I will organize things better a bit here and there and work on hanging pics on the walls. I worked so hard Friday and Saturday that I got tendonitis in my right wrist again and had to slow it down and wear my brace. It's feeling mostly better after resting it two days. Tristan and Aiden get braces tomorrow. I hope their mouths are not too sore. Cory actually went to work today. My kitchen table needs to be refinished. Hopefully work will reimburse us for the cost since it was damaged in the move. I guess the heat and humidity in shipping made the varnish on the table stick to the paper it was wrapped in. When they unwrapped it a lot of the paper tore and just stayed stuck to the table. I wet it and scrubbed off the paper but some places it pulled the finish off and all over the varnish looks streaky like there is something all over it but it won't come off unless the finish come with it. We will file a damage claim and see what they say. The guys that moved us were pretty rude, well two of the six were rude and the others didn't say much. I shouldn't have given them a tip. At least the table is all that has damage. Avery is so happy to have our home back as it was, full of stuff. He said he feels so rich. I am trying to get rid of things we don't use anymore. It feels like you have way too much stuff when you see it all dumped out and have to put it away within a few days. I can't stand to let it stay in boxes. I have to get it put away or I'll go nuts. Luckily there are six of us to spread the work even if some are less willing to work than others. I really need to do haircuts tomorrow. It's been a long time since my clippers and scissors were packed away. I turned in the pile of paperwork to register Lidia and Aiden for school today. We meet with the counselor next week to sort out their classes. Yesterday was nice and cool and rainy outside all day. I loved it. You don't get days like that much here. My yard loves the water too. I was able to open the windows and let the breeze flow through the house. Because it was rainy the sun didn't wake the dog up either so I got to sleep in a bit. Sometimes I think about places I like in England or Alabama and think maybe I will go there this weekend and then remember where I am. My mind is still a bit muddled. I haven't done anything much since being back except work at home so I have seen my house and the store and not much else. Maybe I'll take the kids to the zoo or something one day soon. I thought about a quick little trip before school starts but there's too much on the calendar already. Maybe a little something in the fall.