Tuesday, August 18, 2015

YW Presdient?!

Ok so my bishop totally surprised me. I usually know when I'm about to get a calling but this one took me by surprise. I've just been so busy I had not even considered what church calling they might give me. I did it before like nearly ten years ago now. That makes me feel old. I know I can do it but I also know it's a ton of work. I guess I won't be looking for a part time job to do while the kids are at school because I have just been given one. It will be fun though. My mind is already running like crazy. It will be better once we get more organized and some things planned on the calendar. We don't have a lot of older girls but we have a ton of beehives. I had to come up with seven names of people to call to work in yw with me and there are a lot of new people that I don't know in the ward now but I was prayerful and managed to come up with some awesome people who happily accepted the call. I am very grateful for their support. Before we moved to England I was the beehive advisor to the same girls I will have as laurels now including Lidia. It's always strange to me to have my own kid in my class but it will be good. Lidia is much better behaved than her younger brothers. lol

In other news Avery started school today. He was ready to go make friends. I hope he has a good day. I had to remind him to learn names and not get right up in their face when talking to them. It's a brand new school building and several things are not complete but they are moving forward anyway. They have what they need to teach I guess but outside they are still working on the amphitheater and not much grass has been laid. The inside is mostly done, just don't have all of the computers in and a few cabinets. Several people remembered and recognized Avery but he says he doesn't remember them. Of course he doesn't care if he remembers you, he will play with anyone willing. I think it's just over a mile to the school from our house. I'll walk it this afternoon and see. I drove this morning because of time and all the supplies you have to take on your first day. Having kids at three schools is kind of crazy. We will see how I manage to keep it all straight. The older kids are gonna need to be independent. High School starts at 7:30, jr high at 8, and elementary at 8:30 and of course the times they come home are staggered as well. It will probably be nice but will definitely take some getting used to. But on Tuesdays the high school has a late start, 8:30, which is strange. I'd rather they just go at the same time everyday and just use that hour to study or something but that would require supervision and that's the teacher meetings time. I hope they accept all of Lidia and Aiden's credits from England ok. They just assume they will and register you for classes and then you wait to hear from the board as to whether they actually did. I don't like it so much. I've been kinda stressed about it and kind of had a meltdown at the high school the other day and cried. So embarrassing. But hey, now they all know me. lol

As if I don't have enough on my plate, my tooth broke last night. I'm going to the dentist today to have it checked out. I was just sitting in bed and felt something hard in my mouth and spit it out and it was the tip of my bottom front tooth on the right side. The left one is the one far back so maybe the right one doing all the work these years has taken it's toll. I get braces next month. I hope my teeth can handle it and not fall apart.

Cory is taking his language test right now at work. We are praying he passes! It's been a long time. We need the money. The cost of things just keeps going up up up. It's crazy how much the cost of food has risen in the past several years. I have nectarines galore but the kids don't want to eat them much. I guess they are sick of them. Maybe we should have canned some but we need proper training first and there was no time this year. Many have just fallen to the ground. The pears have bugs and we may have the same problem with the apples. They're not quite ready yet. We will prune everything back this fall and get better results next year.

Max is doing good and growing. He is a sweet dog. I need to get him to the vet and in some training classes.

Lidia and Aiden have done well with their jobs cleaning schools but I don't think I want them to get a steady gig during the school year. I want them to do well in school and have time at home with us before they go on missions and off to school. My kids are growing up too fast. Also Lidia needs to get some volunteer hours if she wants to work with animals. Experience is key.