Monday, April 4, 2016

Spring is here!

Avery's Aristocats play went well and I enjoyed being costume director but it is stressful for a few weeks and I'm glad it's done. I went with him on a field trip to the Leonardo museum. It was fun. We took the frontrunner and tax there. My family came out for spring break and it was really fun to have them but we stayed super busy and I was exhausted once it was over. On Saturday we went to women's conference and to dinner after. Sunday was Easter. We did baskets that morning and then we had Oliver's blessing and then tons of people came over after for refreshments and then later that night we had an egg hunt and Easter dinner. Monday it snowed! That was really fun. I'm so glad they got to experience real snow. We went sledding up at Snowbasin. Tuesday we went to BYU. We went to the bookstore, Bean museum, paleontology museum, and the creamery. I also showed them where the MTC is and the old Provo temple and we stopped by the new Provo city center temple. Wednesday we all drove down to Moab and went to Arches. It was so fun. The kids had a blast and loved climbing. That night we had a nice dinner together at a local restaurant. We spent the night and they started their journey home Thursday. We went to the island in the sky section of canyon lands on our way home. It was nice but Lidia was grumpy. She said her ankles hurt from walking in her new boots at arches. I think she had the high top part laced too snug. I had a good rest Thursday night but then had to clean and do lots of laundry. I was glad it was conference weekend and we could chill and listen. I altered Lidia's prom dress between sessions Sunday. Thankful for my serger. The kids went back to school today and right now I'm in the car at lagoon waiting on Aiden. He got a job as a ride operator. Now he needs to hurry and get his license. Perhaps Tristan and Aiden will both work next summer. They hire 14 yr olds. Lidia needs to get a job too but maybe not until after she graduates because after that she'll be available full time and will have more options. She's not interested in lagoon. She applied for an assisstant park ranger job at antelope island for the summer but we have not heard back. Too bad my family doesn't live closer. We had lots of fun and it flew by. Who's gonna come play games and have dance parties with me now? That's what we did at night instead of going to bed at a decent hour. Sorry neighbors who heard us. We had the windows open. lol
Avery was a good alley cat.


Avery was Thomas Edison at his school wax museum.
They had lots of good presentations and costumes.