Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Adjusting

So I didn't think we would miss Lidia so so much because we have been operating on different schedules for a while and did not hang out together a ton but we sure do miss her and definitely notice that she's not here. I am slowly getting used to a new normal. Just knowing that all of your kids are home safely each night brings a lot of comfort to a mom. Sometimes I get a little misty eyed when I see things that belong to her or look at her room. I have not gone in there yet. I am not ready for that. lol I have been feeling a lot better when I focus on where she is and what she is doing instead of just thinking that she's not here. Staying busy helps too. Life goes on. I'm subbing a decent bit and running the boys around to all of their activities and appointments. Tristan is going to get his hardware removed from his leg April 3rd. That's spring break. He will have time to feel better before going back to school. It's a 1.5 hr outpatient surgery. He will be able to walk on it but no jumping or running or sports etc for a month. He has no fat to cushion it and it hurts if you touch that area of his leg. Aiden has his first dance team competition this Saturday in Provo. I got a flat tire yesterday. I think maybe some metal comes off of the snow plows. I had a piece in my tire and the same happened to my neighbor a few days ago. We have gotten a lot of snow lately. Luckily I made it home before realizing what was happening. When I got out I heard a loud hissing sound and it went completely flat. It was too late to take it to be fixed so Cory took it this morning and the fixed it for free. Yay! Good thing we had the truck in the garage so I could still go everywhere I needed to go. Cory is crazy and drives the mini in crap weather even though we have the Sequoia with four wheel drive. I guess he cares more about gas mileage.
I found this pic on Lidia's phone. Her friend, Brian, is serving in the North
 Atlanta mission. This was his last Sunday at church in August.

Avery's church drawings. That same Sunday my sisters were sent home from church in AL due
to tornado warnings. Luckily their area didn't get hit.



Avery likes to wear my old coat as a robe. lol

Saying Hi to Micah at work.

I found this on Lidia's phone.

Lidia is on the mission board at the stake center. 

We have been getting lots of snow. Max likes it. Millie hates it.


These brothers actually played nice together all afternoon Sunday!





We had a Mario Kart FHE and talked about the parallels with life and the gospel. 

Avery is enjoying Lidia's old room and all of her toys
She says she is not homesick one bit.

First pics from Lidia at MTC