So our insurance changed this year and so we had to switch doctors because IHC doesn't accept Aetna anymore. I have not liked the OBGYN I was assigned to once I returned from England. It just didn't make sense to me why she insisted that I have biopsies every six months, take medicine everyday, and continue to put up with long periods with cramping every month. It just doesn't make sense to work so hard to keep my uterus when it has a chance of turning into cancer and I am well done with child bearing and my mom died from cancer at a young age. Even though it was a different type of cancer, she did have cancer cells in her uterus when she had her hysterectomy.
So anyway, I asked around and heard people in Salt Lake liked this doctor that had recently moved her practice up here. I had my appointment yesterday and she is so so nice and feels more like your sister than your doctor. I know this is purposeful on her part but I really like it and she was very thorough and went over all options and possibilities instead of just telling me that she knew best and I had no choice. She said she would've given me this option to begin with if I had gone to her to begin with. Too bad I didn't. She is going to remove my uterus this July and in the meantime increase my progesterone back to 400mg (other doctor had lowered it to 200 thus the return of 10 days a month of cramping and bleeding) and after surgery I can stay on 200 if I want because I am more emotionally stable on it. lol My body is making very small amounts. I don't have weeks of recovery time available until July so that's when we will do it. I am praying it goes well and doesn't cost me a ton! I will have to stay one night in the hospital.
We finally got insurance to approve Cory's medicine so I guess he will try it tomorrow and see how it makes him feel. Could be good, could be bad. I hope for good. He will try 100mg for now and if it's not enough he could do 200mg but I doubt that will be necessary. We all tend to be kind of sensitive to medicine.
We also had to change to a new family doctor and we like this new doctor so far. He was a military doctor for a while and after moving here went private. He was in Japan the same time as our friends and was in their ward. He's a really smart guy, graduated from BYU and Georgetown and was a flight surgeon in the Air Force.
We are still waiting for referral appointments for Cory's gene test, all of their sleep studies, Aiden's cardiology appt and Avery has a cavity to be filled. I bought all of us Sonicare toothbrushes after the dentist recommending it and seeing that Tristan's hygiene has improved since we got him one. I bought some protein shakes to see if they will help the boys gain some weight. They seem to accept the taste of these a lot more than the ensure shakes which they refused to drink after one taste.