Monday, April 10, 2017

Spring Break 2017

Friday night, my friend's daughter got married in SLC. I grew up with Michelle in Dothan. It was nice to see her and her parents, her aunt, and her sister Natalie. I also saw Brother and Sister Michaelis who lived in Dothan for many years but moved away when I was around 12. They now live in Lehi and their son is actually in Jay's ward in Lehi. Small world! lol I also saw my friend Lizzie from my ward in England. She is here visiting friends and family and met me at temple square that night. It was nice to see her. I miss England. Carrie and I had dinner with Michelle and family after the wedding and her daughter and her new husband sang a song from Phantom of the Opera and it was so good. They are both singing majors in college going to U of Michigan. 

Saturday Cory took Aiden and Tristan rock climbing. They had fun but realized how much work it is when you're not used to using some of those muscles, esp in your hands. We figured we better take Tristan to do something active before his surgery.

Monday Tristan had surgery. It went well. They took precautions this time and he came out of anesthesia a lot easier than last time. It took less than an hour. The doctor said he was an avid healer because some bone had already started to grow over the metal plate and she had to chip it away and then smooth the bone after removing the plate. They gave us the plate and screws to bring home. Tristan is walking fine. He's just not supposed to jump or play sports for a month to be safe and he can shower but not soak in a tub or anything for two weeks which is when I will remove the steristrips and snip off the end of the stitches. they are inside and dissolvable but she said to cut off the end that pokes out. He rested a lot the first day but after that has been pretty normal.

On Wednesday Aiden took his driving test and he passed! Today he drove himself to dance after school. I try not to worry too much but it's scary. The hike in insurance is not fun but I am happy for him for this accomplishment.

Thursday I took Aiden for an appointment at Weber State. We went over the classes for Fall and picked out what he will take. He registers next week. Freshmen have last pick so I hope the classes he wants are still available then. He will take the bus to school up there. Parking is a nightmare and they give you a UTA pass. 

Friday we went to Park City for the weekend. It's not far away but it was nice and relaxing to get away and not worry about work to be done at home and we did some shopping at the outlets and swam in the pool and soaked in the hot tub. I bought a waterproof cast cover and it worked great to keep Tristan's incision dry and allow him to still play. We slept in a bit and enjoyed the hotel breakfast and we stayed up late watching cable tv. lol Saturday we went to old main street in Park City and walked around and then took the trolley back to our car. The boys enjoyed the trolley. Aiden liked the architecture of all the buildings and houses in Park City. Then we drove to Midway which has a lot of Bavarian looking homes which is very cute. We also went to the Homestead crater to see what it's like. Aiden wants to go back and scuba sometime. It's an old mineral deposit dome crater with a hot spring inside that's pretty deep. You can pay to swim or scuba there. The water is very blue. We just walked in to take a look. They have blasted a tunnel to walk into it but you can also walk up steps to the top and look down through the hole in the top. On the way back to the hotel we stopped at a dairy farm store and bought ice cream and cheese curds and grilled cheese sandwiches made locally. We went to the Olympic Park but couldn't do any ropes course or zip lines because it was windy and the rain had turned to sleet. At our house they said they got hail. Saturday night I went to go to a few more shops before they closed and it was snowing pretty hard and windy like a little blizzard. I just laughed at the spring break weather. lol We came home after lunch Sunday. It was nice to take a weekend off and just relax.

Today we all went back to school and work. 

Carroll and Natalie

I wonder if this shop is any relation to our new Supreme Court judge.

Just a few inches but pretty.


Driver's License!

Zermatt Hotel in Midway

on top of the crater



Homestead Crater

Carrie, Michelle, Natalie, Christy













General Conference Rainbow

Lizzie and Me

Newlyweds Hayden and Sam

Geri Michaelis

Carrie

Tony and Beverly

Avery

climbing

before surgery

waiting to go into surgery

there was a baby bed in our room lol

after surgery

nice view and nice day

we took the hardware home with us

resting at home

hooray for big hot tubs and cast covers






Park City










Trolley!


inside the crater




driving home after a snowy night

Grandma and Grandpa left an Easter surprise at the house for us.
Aiden was impressed that his name was spelled correctly. I told him they told them
what to put on the eggs. I think he thought they just found all of our names. lol

Melanie is nice and looks after our dogs while we are gone. The dogs are happy we are home.