Monday, April 17, 2017

Easter 2017

Happy Easter! We had a nice relaxing weekend. Our kids are all too old for egg hunts and Easter bunnies so we just chilled at home and did chores. It sounds like Lidia had a nice Easter and she liked the goodies and dress we sent her. Elder Rasband came out and gave a fireside for them. We did baskets on Saturday. The boys got some brain puzzle toys, fidget toys, books, candy etc. They've had fun with it. Sunday we got all dressed up in our new clothes and went to church and it was a very good uplifting day. We cooked our lamb curry dinner and watched a documentary on Netflix and we all fell asleep on the couch and had a nice nap together. Tristan's leg is doing well and he wants to be able to run and play like normal but I told him he really needs to wait a few more weeks to run and jump but we will take off the steri strips tonight and let him take a bath. He's only been allowed to shower. I have been doing well and not missing Lidia too much but it was weird not having her here for Easter and it seems like she's been gone a long time but it hasn't been very long. Avery was missing her too. He said he dreamed that Lidia and the Smith family were here for Easter. We are counting down the days till summer! Aiden and Avery are doing pretty well in school while Tristan still struggles. I think he learns but he hates writing anything down. He just doesn't want to do the work. I hope he grows out of that, soon! lol Aiden had his cardiology appt last week and everything looks good but he does have slight mitral valve prolapse like me. Now we are waiting for Cory's sleep study appt, that place is booked up way ahead. I guess there are a lot of people with sleep problems. They said they want to do them on the boys too but they have not followed up on that. Maybe I should check. 

So the mini cooper has had an oil leak for a long time and I have been after Cory to fix it or take it in to be fixed. We hate to pay a ton for car repairs and try to do it ourselves but Cory was thinking it was leaking from a place he couldn't get to and that it would be an expensive repair. Well I called an auto repair shop and made an appt to take it in this week and told Cory that he had to figure out what was wrong and if he can fix it or not this weekend or I am taking it in. So he felt great motivation to finally try to fix it. lol I found a forum online that talked about the most common oil leaks on our model car and how to diagnose and fix them. Once again, thanks so much to people who post this information. I guess I found the right web site because it helped Cory figure it out and it is totally something he can fix and not as bad as he thought. No one had the o ring in stock so we had to order it but it should be in Tuesday and then Cory can put it back together and hopefully no more leaks! I will call and cancel the repair shop appt. lol

Aiden gets his braces off tomorrow. He's so excited! Maybe I am getting close too. Tristan still has a while and I am not ready to put them on Avery. He's not mature enough to handle that right now. He has a cavity from not flossing that we have to get filled today. We are still working with the boys on brushing and flossing better. Aiden does well and the others are trying to do better. 

Aiden drove himself to dance and back last week "perfectly" he says. :)