Monday, May 1, 2017

It's May!

Wow, the school year will be over soon and we will be so glad! It's hard to believe Aiden is graduating. I hope he is excited and enjoys this last bit of High School. He asked a girl from church to prom with a cute Zelda theme "promposal". We got him registered for Fall classes at Weber and he had his end of year ballroom show Saturday. They had the seniors dance the last dance and the moms came out and surprised them and danced the last number with them. We practiced without them knowing twice this last week. I was nervous and even dreaming about the steps in my sleep. lol It was fun though. Today he gets dance pictures taken at the studio. I need to take senior pictures too and get an announcement made for him. I've been really busy and I am subbing every day this week. We are going to Idaho this weekend.

Oliver stayed with us Friday night and let's just say I am not used to having a toddler in my house for very long. I had to follow him constantly or make him sit in the playpen which he hates. I pretty much played with him until dinner time. I buckled him in his carseat and let him watch cartoons so I could get dinner and then I fed him in his carseat at the table. He really liked the watermelon I gave him and Mexican rice and beans. He fought going to sleep but finally gave up around ten and slept till 6:15. I gave him milk and then he went back to sleep till 8:30. He is really warming up to the dogs now and tries to pet them and lets them lick his hand. Max is not very comfortable around Oliver but Millie is fine.

Lidia is doing well and we get to talk to her on Mother's Day in two weeks. It feels like she's been gone a long time yet it goes by fast too.

Avery and Tristan are ready for school work to be over but not in a hurry to not see friends every day. They will have to play with neighbor kids this summer. We are going to try to heat the pool water once we get it set up to encourage them to get in it more. Tristan's leg is fine so that's great. I tried to talk Avery into ballroom but he's not going for it. He only likes to play Just Dance, not take lessons or dance with girls. lol We played Star Wars Trivia Pursuit after church yesterday and it's just on the original trilogy so now the boys are watching it and I am sure looking for some of the questions they missed. lol

I sliced the tip of my little toe on a laundry basket at school today. It happened right as I was leaving. I thought I had just stubbed it but as I walked to the office to sign out it kept hurting pretty bad. I looked down and it was covered in blood. I had to ask the secretary for a wet paper towel and band aids. lol



We have had a few hail storms lately.

Aiden says he is back in black. lol

Avery's cereal box book report.




I've been putting fake bake tan lotion on my white legs. lol

It was kind of weird taking the steri strips off and cutting the ends of the stitches off.





My boys look so big! lol

Oliver kept going to Aiden's room to get Twix.








I am glad she got to go to the temple. I love that temple. Many good memories there.