![]() |
| Fun to spend time with these guys even if the weather was bad. |
![]() |
| Sister Newman and Sister Horne |
| Aiden with his braces off!!! |
Cory ended up having to replace the whole vacuum pump to fix the oil leak and now we have discovered there is another leak. A guy from work that also works on cars told Cory that if you use synthetic oil you can expect small leaks. Maybe we should switch to regular oil? The car runs fine, it's just annoying to have a leak and I worry about the oil getting low and ask Cory to check it a lot.
Our solar panels are producing. It will be interesting to see how much they produce this year and hopefully it is more than or equal to what we use. lol Our neighbors across the street just had theirs installed. I end up spending about the same each month for the panels as I would for electricity but eventually electricity will cost more and my panels will not, they will eventually be paid off and I got a sweet tax return this year. So by having the panels put on I got 3,000 back in state taxes that i wouldn't have otherwise and I will get 10,000 back from federal taxes but that goes to make the down payment on the panels. Our panels cost like 33,000. If we had a rambler with a large south facing roof like our neighbors, the cost would be a lot less because they won't need as many panels. I also like knowing that we are making our own energy and that it's clean energy.
I took Aiden to new student orientation at Weber last week. They have a lot of good things there. I hope he has a good experience and is successful in his classes. One thing I really like is the small class sizes. Aiden says he wants to take the scuba class.
We went up to Idaho this weekend. Cory's parents leave for their mission in Hawaii in two weeks. I think they will love it there. It's a beautiful place and the PCC is really awesome. If plane tickets were cheap I'd go to Hawaii often. It was nice to see everyone, especially Ben and his family who we don't see often. It was the first time we met Kayla in person. The weather was bad while we were there which was bad luck for us. It had been nice before we got there. lol The Mexican restaurant we had lunch at was good and it was fun to watch the boys race on the high school track. Anything that gets my boys out and active is wonderful.
I woke up really sick yesterday morning, another stomach virus. Maybe subbing at school is a bad idea. lol No one else is sick so I assume I picked up a germ subbing everyday last week. Cory stayed home to help me. I was pretty pathetic. Today I am much better but still a bit weak and tired.


