Friday, September 19, 2014

Back to Life

All of my visitors are home and we are resuming normal life. I have a lot of cleaning to do since I kind of let to go while busy with other things. This week Avery's class is gone to France except for the few that decided not to go. Avery wasn't ready for such a trip but it has been an excellent week at school with only six kids in the class. They have had a lot of fun. For "PE" on Wednesday the teacher walked them up to the cafe at sixways and bought them cake and a milkshake and Avery brought a lolly home for after school. The teacher said they were going to write about it too, like a review I think. A new trim trail was installed at the school playground this summer and the kids love it, especially Avery. The older three have been struggling to get out the door on time in the mornings so I have had to reinstate the rule of being grounded to your room after school if you are not out the door on time in the morning. They were ready on time today!

We have less than nine months left here. I can't help but start planning the move back. It's my nature. I'm a planner. We have lots to do when we get back like painting and new flooring and I'm sure loads of yard work. Not to mention figuring out schooling again. I've got to decide public vs charter again. I'm going to apply to the charters online in Jan but go see both when we get back and make a decision. Oh and we've got to buy new cars. I hope the kids will also be able to go to camp and youth conference and such. I better ask my ward for dates as soon as they get them. I've also got to get Lidia and Aiden enrolled in driver's ed. Scary!

I've been first counselor in primary the entire time we have lived here. They just released us all. I will now teach relief society once a month. I have never done this so it will be a fun new challenge. I told the RS presidency to give me a calling in there. I have only had a calling in RS once, secretary for a little over a year. I'm usually in primary or YW. I'd like to actually be able to attend RS for a bit. Cory is still EQ president.

Well, I'm off to afternoon tea with some of my American friends! I better tidy up a bit and get ready to go. Avery is having a friend come over after school. Can't have the house a mess.