Avery is home with me today. He had a fever yesterday afternoon. He also said his head hurt and he couldn't feel his legs. I touched his legs and asked if he could feel it and he said yes. I think he meant his legs were really weak and that's the only way he knew how to describe it. Aiden says he's had that feeling too. Glad they understand each other. Today Avery seems to be better, maybe still a bit warm. We shall see how it goes. I worry a lot when my kids are sick. It's hard to think about anything else or get things done. I'm constantly running in to check on him. He must be ok right now though because I hear him downstairs playing with Legos. He is very good at building legos, even better than Aiden. Shh don't tell him I said that. Ha! Aiden is finally realising he doesn't play with his toys so much anymore and has given some of his old Lego sets to Avery. However, his favourite Star Wars ones will likely sit on his shelf forever.
Lidia and Aiden were in their school play this past week. It was animal farm. Lidia was a chicken and Aiden a mean dog. The cast was excellent. I really hated those pigs. I better not run into those girls playing Squealer and Napolean or I might hit them. Ha! Just kidding. They were totally in character. I'm glad all the practices are over. Gotta get Lidia and Aiden studying for exams. I went and bought some workbooks this weekend for practice. Aiden was not happy I came home with extra work for him to do. Just twenty weeks then they can have a nice summer in America. 😃 There were pictures from the play in the paper Friday. I think my friend is giving me her copy.
I have a meeting at Cory's work next week about moving back and all the details involved. Then on the 12th we can get our orders and start booking flights home and a hotel for our last ten days here and all.
Cory is going on a ski trip with Derek to ski around the Matterhorn at the end of February. They will stay three nights in Cervinia, Italy and get two full days of skiing. The Matterhorn ski area is huge going from Zermatt Switzerland over to Cervinia. You can ski all over with the international lift pass. They will get two full days of skiing. It's cheaper to stay on the Italian side and the lift pass is cheaper too so that's why they are staying there in a flat with bunk beds and a futon, nothing fancy. I hope it all goes smoothly and that they don't end up needing the chains that come with the rental car.
On May 1 Carrie is meeting me in Athens and we are staying nine nights in Greece. I'm so excited! I had considered every cruise out there but they didn't spend enough time on the islands I wanted to see. A lot of them port for the evening so you can go out partying. No thanks. A friend of mine recommended a travel agency there that arranges all of your hotels and transportation and after some research I decided to go with them. So we wI'll spend two nights in Athens, two in Mykonos, two in Naxos, three in Santorini and then fly from Santorini to Athens and then connect to our flights home. We take ferries to the islands and there will be drivers picking us up taking us to our hotels, ferries, airports etc. I also like that I will have a contact in country if I need anything. We went with the least expensive hotels offered but they still seem nice and include breakfast. Now let's see if Carrie can pack light enough to not have to pay extra baggage fees on our Ryan air flight back to Athens. Lol I know I can. I'll just wear things a few times or wash them in the hotel sink if need be. I don't care if I don't look fancy on vacation. I'm relaxing.