Lidia has been taking a social dance class this semester and has enjoyed it. Aiden wanted to take it but it just doesn't work with his class schedule. I have friends whose kids take ballroom lessons st Davis County Ballroom and so I looked into it. They have auditions every May looking for new team members. I asked Aiden if he'd like to take lessons there and he said yes. So Saturday I took him to audition for the performance team which is basically one lesson a week and two recitals a year. The audition was an hour and a half of them teaching them a cha cha routine and a fox trot routine. It didn't hurt that he met and danced with a cute girl named Eden either. He came out after saying how that went way better than he thought it would. He had fun and it wasn't hard for him. The teacher said he has natural ability and picked it up pretty quickly so she'd rather have him on a competition team. This means lessons twice a week and one or two performances or competitions a month during the season which is Sept-April. I told he should go for it and learn as much as he can since it's the only year he can do it since he will be a senior. He had tried out for the school plays for next year but didn't make it but it's good because now he has time to do this which I think he will really like. Aiden and Avery love to dance. Plus I told him it's a huge asset with the ladies. Lol Girls like guys who will dance with them, especially dance well. I remember one youth conference there was this guy that was a great dancer and he was such a good lead that you could dance amazingly well with him. All the girls wanted to dance with him and I'll never forget dancing with him. I've never danced so well. Lol Also dance is great exercise and since my boys are not into sports this is a good outlet.
On a different note. I don't think working at Lagoon for the summer is going to work out too great. They are crazy. They schedule you every day and sometimes for 12 hr shifts. I think it's just too much. They get away with crazy hours and no overtime because it's seasonal employment. Insane.