Monday, November 30, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

We went up to Cory's parents for Thanksgiving. We were going to drive up Wednesday but a snowstorm was forecast for that day and into Thursday so we went ahead Tuesday night after Max's dog training class. By the way the class is very informative but I must admit that some of the things feel a bit mean but I suppose you don't have to do those things very often if they get trained. So far their tips seem to help. It was a good thing we went up Tuesday night because it did snow quite a but Wednesday and Thursday. After it was done there was over a foot of snow at the farm. It was so pretty and white everywhere and fun to get out and play in even if we didn't have full on snow gear with us. Max was so fun to watch hopping around in the snow. The kids had fun playing in it and throwing snowballs at each other and they played with Cory's swords and cut the snow up. Cory made a snow man and Tristan and Avery chopped it to bits in no time with the swords. I was feeling rather blue earlier in the week but I had my day and got over it and was fine the rest of the week. It's hard to believe my mom passed away ten years ago. I miss her. We had a nice time just relaxing and visiting with the grandparents. Tracy came and ate with us too. It was good to see her. Grandma cooked a nice Thanksgiving dinner for us. I'll make Christmas dinner. We drove home today and it was nice and sunny out but really cold. We got home to just an inch of snow left on our lawn here. The driveway was clear luckily. It's good to be home and good for Max. It's easier to have him at home than at someone else's house of course. I've gotta get the kids to do homework before going back to school Monday. It's hard to focus on all that when you'd rather enjoy the holidays having fun. We took Lidia to CSI for a tour while there. They have a good vet tech program and that's what she's interested in. However, she says she wants to go on a mission before college. Right now she needs to focus on school so she can graduate high school. These kids worry me to bits with their grades. She loves seminary but hates history and government. Too bad the ones she hates are the ones she has to pass to graduate! She's applying for an internship to work at a vet clinic. I'm not sure what the criteria are. We'll see. Aiden is doing better but he also struggles in that US History class. No offense but coaches usually suck as teachers. He has A's in everything else. Avery has been grumpy and getting in trouble at school. He says he's having a hard time sleeping. I'll see if I can figure it out. I am very happy to be home this holiday season. Thankful for all we were able to do the last three years but excited to spend Christmas home this year back in our home which I am very thankful for and with my wonderful husband and children whom I love with all my heart, oh and a sweet little dog named Max who's asleep by my feet. I'm looking forward to going to see the lights everywhere like temple square and all the other Christmas festivities I can squeeze in that felt rather lacking in England. I'm looking forward to the birth of my new nephew Oliver soon and Lidia turning 18. How is she already 18?!
They made a snowman then chopped his to bits with swords.

Avery sliced bananas with a sword.