Yesterday was our ward temple day. They hired a coach to take us down to the London temple. We are actually equidistant from the London and the Preston temples but we are part of the London temple district. Everyone up north uses the Preston temple. It takes two and a half hours each way. We left the church at 7 am and got back at 5:30 pm. It was a long day but nice to be in the temple again. Cory and I were going to take turns and each do a session while the other stayed out with Tristan and Avery but the YW asked me to help with baptisms so I went in with Lidia and Aiden first and I stood by the font and gave everyone towels as they finished their turn. It was nice to watch the kids do such a good thing. Aiden likes being dunked. I noticed a little smile every time he went under. It's harder for some kids who just don't ever like being dunked but they courageously do it anyway. When we were done we went out and Cory went in and did one of my family names. Avery and Tristan handled the day pretty well. The grounds are nice and they played outside a lot and we cooled off for a while in the visitor's center. The temple was very busy. We walked over to the little distribution store and bought little primary songbooks for Tristan and Avery. I'm trying to get them to participate more in Primary. The boys did embarrass me when they asked a nice African man all sorts of things about his vitiligo which did stand out more than others we know who have it because he has darker skin and on his face just the area around his eyebrows and mouth are light so it may seem more purposeful than random. I mean I can see how it stood out to Tristan and Avery but they should not have said things like, you look like a sock monkey, did you paint your face, what is that, etc. They were just curious and I guess I handled the situation the best I could but I somehow still have the desire to bake cookies for the man and take them to him or something. I did tell Avery after that it is bad manners to ask someone why they look different, please just ask me in the future. Anyway, it was still a nice day and we all slept on the bus on the way back and I fell asleep early last night.
Cory took Aiden to see Pacific Rim late last night. Aiden loved it. Cory said it was OK but cliche.
It's been hot and dry here. It's nice but kind of unbelievable. It may not be much warmer in Spain than it is here right now. I could actually get in a pool outside right now which I never thought I would. We are going to have to take a hose up to the allotment and water better. We are still figuring all this allotment stuff out. We will probably do a better job next year. It's nearly eleven at night here and finally cooling off upstairs. We are running the fans full blast.
Three more days of school for Tristan and Avery! We are all so excited for summer break! It's gonna fly by.
Tomorrow is my birthday! I'll be 38 and proud of every year. I take each year as a gift from God and will gladly take all the years I can get. No special plans really, too much to do.
 |
We will miss the Noble family, this is Tabitha and Hannah. They are off to BYU Provo soon. |