So I think I have mentioned how the boy across the street who is also in Tristan's class has caused some problems. He is rather spoiled and is very mean to Tristan when he doesn't get his way. I have told Tristan many times to stay away from him but Tristan kept playing with him because none of the other kids in his class included him. There are plenty of younger kids happy to play with Tristan but he kept playing with Chris. I think Chris made it hard for him to find other friends. He tries to isolate Tristan from everyone else, even Avery and me.
Last Monday Tristan went to school and shared a birthday treat with his class. They all loved my cookies by the way. He may have told them about his party he had over the weekend. Chris was mad he wasn't invited and pinched and scratched up Tristan's arm. He said he just got so mad he couldn't control himself. We only invited the boys from Tristan's church class and why would I let him come when he is mean to Avery and Tristan? Does he think his behavior improves his chances?! I didn't make a big deal of it since Tristan bruises easily and didn't seem too bothered about it. I should have reported it anyway. I think Tristan had told the teacher and Chris maybe had detention during playtime for the millionth time.
Yesterday Tristan walked home with Chris acting like all was well and then once we were inside and I asked how his day was he tells me he got in two fights with Chris that day and he says he kind of started the second one. I think he thought he was in trouble. I ask him to give me the details of what happened. He says that during playtime he was playing with Chris and Becky and that they kept shoving him into the other one so that he would always get tagged and have to be it. Tristan told them they were not playing fair and then Chris kicked him in the leg. Tristan kicked him back and then Chris kicked him in the groin. At that point a teacher intervened. However, Chris was back out on the playground at lunchtime and Tristan was happy playing with Charlie. Chris came over and told him to play with him instead. Tristan said no. Chris said he is not his friend anymore. Tristan said that he didn't care and called him a loser. Chris charged him and they went rolling down the hill trying to strangle each other. Luckily some boys broke it up and went and got a teacher. This happened to be the same teacher that caught Chris hurting Tristan earlier. He is an assistant and it's his job to help watch Chris and another disabled child. Chris has Aspergers and epilepsy. However, he knows right from wrong. He doesn't hit teachers or kids bigger than him. I don't know why but this TA had not reported any of this to Tristan's teachers or the head. They didn't know about it before we told them.
After Tristan tells me all of this I look him over and see two red marks on his neck. Then I look at his arms and they are still bruised from the week before and now have more new bruises. He looked like an abused kid and I just broke down and cried. I told him that it is not OK to be treated that way by anybody and he is forbidden to be around him anymore. He is to pretend like he doesn't exist. I called Cory and he said he was leaving work right away to go talk to the head. I was too upset to go talk to him myself but I did send emails with details including pictures.
Cory told the head either Chris goes or Tristan's not coming back. I told him that was a bit extreme since all they have to do is keep them away from each other at playtime and lunch, basically keep a close eye on Chris like they are supposed to. Tristan shouldn't have to miss out on his last two weeks and school play.
The head spoke to Chris today and he was honest about what happened. Then he called in his parents and told them. They are not happy. Chris is being "excluded" for one day. It goes on his record. If it happens again he gets more days and if it happens like three more times he is out for good. I hope he learns a lesson. His parents will probably never want to look at me again but I am always nice and smile and say hi to all of them, even Chris, when I see them.
I am so glad Tristan will not be at school with him in the fall. I feel bad that Tristan has had a rough year. Yesterday he said he wanted to stay in America and not be here. I am happy to say he did not feel that way today after a great taster day at St Ed's with all of the other kids who will be in his year with him in the fall. He made a friend named Max. They exchanged phone numbers and emails. Cory met his mom when he went to pick up Tristan. Tristan seemed to really like the teachers he met. He said they were funny. What a huge difference it makes with my boys to have a funny teacher. He told me all about a Latin lesson he had. Lidia said all her friends saw Tristan and went on about how cute he is. I hope this is a sign of good things to come for him! It helps that he is going into senior school and only half of them know each other from the junior school, the rest come from various schools so they are all starting something new together. They will have a five day trip to Wales in the fall which will help them all to bond.
Tristan is happy to report that he is in the Newman house! Aiden is in Fisher and Lidia in More, so I have one kid in each house.
Avery had sports day while Tristan had his taster day. Avery had a horrible time because he had a bad attitude about winning and gradually refused to participate. He is actually good at hurdles but his attitude ruined his chances of winning. Tristan was happy not to go to sports day. Maybe I should let Avery skip it. Of course at the end they gave them all an ice lolly and then he was happy again.
Lidia and Aiden had sports day last week and Aiden did discus and Lidia javelin. They may have also participated in a relay race or something. You don't participate unless you sign up and sometimes groups of kids will try to keep events to themselves and not let others in. It's a really dumb way of doing things. Everyone should participate.