Thursday, August 8, 2013

Tristan's school play

Tristan's class put on a school play, as all year 6 classes do before they move up to senior school. His play was the story Hagbane's Doom. He played an old lady that gets hit by a kid on a bike at the beginning and the rest of the time he was a grog, one of the witch's reptilian henchmen. The songs were fun. My kids have all enjoyed listening to them. I downloaded them from itunes. Tristan was excited about the play but he seemed tired while he was actually in it. Long summer days? I don't know. His teachers say he gets really tired at school too in the afternoons. I need to have his thyroid checked. He sleeps like 11 hours each night and I have been trying to make sure he eats more but you can't force him to eat. Anyway, it was a fun play. I am glad he got to enjoy it before we left for Spain. I made the four grog capes. Tamara did an excellent job playing Hagbane and singing too. I was impressed. Their picture was in the local paper, the Gloucestershire Echo. One of the teachers did an excellent job painting the background paintings. I like how the play was simple and about everyone being involved and having a learning experience instead of a showy big production like we have in the states and only a select few get to be in it. I understand auditions for older kids but how do younger ones learn if they never get the opportunity?