Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Better

I am feeling lots better now that Cory is back at work. It's not that I don't like spending time with him, it's that furlough is not the way to do it. I think it depressed us. I was especially depressed I think, more than I thought I would be. I guess it was the furlough combined with drama at church, time of the month, and Tristan going away for the week. Now things feel more normal again. I miss Tristan but am keeping busy so I'm not thinking about it too much. His best friend got sick and couldn't go on the trip. I hope he's having a good time. He was so excited. The rain and the days getting shorter has not helped my energy levels. I'm trying to keep the lights on during the day and I bought some vitamin d today to try. I also let myself get homesick. When things are not going your way you want to be home at least. As time goes by here, all the travel and novelty of England and Europe become less appealing and we find ourselves looking forward to moving home. I will make the most of my time here and have fun but there is no place like home, especially in the winter. The holidays are going to be hard for me this year. If I had the money I would buy tickets to Salt Lake for Christmas break. Instead we will chill at home, see the panto, go to a few Christmas markets and maybe to London for a day or two to see a show or some museums. I am looking forward to our little trip to the Peak district next weekend. I'm excited to see Chatsworth House because I'm a big Pride and Prejudice fan. Cheers!