Sunday, October 13, 2013
No Drama Please
I think I know why I only have one daughter and blessed that she is not a drama queen. I don't like drama! Maybe I had my fill growing up with lots of girls in the house or got it all out of my system early by being a drama queen myself at a young age but I just don't want any part in it. Sometimes misunderstandings occur and things get a bit dramatic but hopefully those things can be resolved and you can move on. Every time I am in a leadership position at church I learn about all the drama that goes on between people in the ward and sometimes you get stuck in the middle trying to play peace keeper. I hate it. Why can't everyone just love each other and get along? It is much happier to go to church and just teach my class or something and be clueless to some unpleasant happenings in the ward. Ignorance is bliss right! ;)I really do like everyone but there are some people you have to be careful around to avoid drama. Too bad. Maybe I should just talk to a few non drama people like me and avoid the rest but I don't work that way. I truly care about everybody I know and enjoy getting to know them even including all the flaws. We all have flaws after all. I find it humorous to see the different flaws we all have. It does get me in a pickle at times though. When I was a kid I was often the kid stuck in the middle when two opposing clicks would get in an argument. Now I find myself playing mediator with my kids as expected but grown ups sometimes as well. Sometimes I think people don't change at all when they grow up, the "playground" just gets bigger and hopefully we get a little wiser in how to "play" and which friends to spend our time with. I don't dislike any parties involved. I just dislike the situation sometimes and just needed a little vent. Men are so much easier to deal with sometimes. They are not easily offended. I like that! I am thankful that my sisters are not drama queens. I'm sure we get on each others nerves sometimes but we say our piece and move on and love each other anyway. If you're waiting around for perfect people to be friends with so as to not be offended, you will be lonely for a long time. I try to remind myself that there is a pro and con to everything and that the trait responsible for something I dislike is also the trait responsible for something I love. For instance, Tristan can be very stubborn. This can be very difficult when on opposing sides of an issue but it is that same trait that makes him motivated and competitive and not likely to give up when he wants something bad enough. So the key is to encourage the good use of that trait. We are all spiritual beings trying to figure out this human experience. It's not so easy sometimes.