Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Shutdown

The federal government shutdown yesterday. Cory is home and instead of enjoying time off we are a bit sad and worried and yes, even mad. We are praying and I hope you are too, that this mess will end soon. I can understand both sides' argument but I don't agree with using real people and their livelihood as pawns in these dirty political games. Can we send all of Congress and the White House home and elect all new leaders please? This group in DC seems so corrupt. Is this a republic or organized crime? I can't quite tell. ;P

I think I would feel less vulnerable if we were home in the states. Our savings will not go very far here in the UK where our rent is about 3x what our mortgage is back home and everything else is twice as expensive. Thanks for sending me to a super expensive country and then deciding not to pay us but leave us with outrageous bills. Pass the CR!