Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Back to School and other exciting things

No more braces for Lidia! She has the permanent wire behind her front teeth
and today we go pick up retainers. Aiden may be getting braces soon.

I finally pulled that darn front baby tooth that kept hanging on.

I had to give it a good tug because of the long root.
It bled a bit and then again in his sleep
so he woke up a little bloody but all
is well now. Hope some of his teeth move into
a better position now.


Tristan crashed his bike and broke his thumb. It was a complete break right at the
base before it joins the wrist. It happened Thursday night. At first we thought it was dislocated.
I had Cory take him to the A&E. Little did we know how long it would take. They should have eaten dinner first.
The hospital here did an xray and said it was broken and then sent him over to the children's center in
Gloucester where they kept him over night for surgery the next morning. He did finally get a
bite to eat at like 10:30 pm. The next day I went up to the hospital and stayed there with Cory and Tristan
until he was dismissed around 4:30 pm. He has two pins in his thumb. Hopefully the growth plate is
not damaged. The pins come out in three weeks.
Avery started school Tuesday. He is so happy and popped right back into his old routine.
He wants to go and come on his own but I still follow him.


4 boys+hair cut=big pile of hair


The older trio were up bright and early excited for their first day.
Now they are home and did indeed have a good time and they
are chatting about all their new classes and such.

I think we are all happy to get back into the old routine. Along with school, Cory and the kids all go to karate on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, Lidia does riding on Wednesdays, we have family home evening on Mondays, and the older ones have mutual on Fridays. Avery wants to take drum lessons at school this year. I'm looking into it. I am hoping to get into a routine again myself. I kind of didn't know where to start today. I've got lots of deep cleaning to do, blogging to catch up on, repairs to ask the management to do, a quilt to make, primary program to plan, etc etc.

We are planning to take it easy for a bit and not take any big trips until next April. I think we will go to the Peak district for a few days in October and London at Christmas break. Cory says he's not interested in Normandy so that's not a priority anymore. Tristan goes to Morfa Bay in Wales with school the second week of October. I hope his thumb is all better by then.

Little Update: Today we went for an x-ray and it's a bit scary looking. The pins are at least two inches long and both go through his thumb and into a hand bone. They cross each other like an x. I'll have to get them to email the x-ray image to me. It looked good. They took off the plaster and made sure the area where the pins go in isn't infected or anything. He looked good and they put a proper cast on. Tristan chose red. They said they heal fast at this age and that the pins and cast come off in two weeks. After that he won't have to wear anything but no activities that would put stress on that bone for a while.
Add caption