
Way to go Tristan! He had his pins pulled out yesterday. There was no local anesthetic or nitrous oxide. I think they told him those were available if he needed them before just to help him be brave. He didn't need them anyway. They got out the saw and cut the cast and it came right off and then they poured iodine solution over where the pins were and then the doctor told him to turn and look in the mirror and bam they were out in seconds. They came out nice and easy. Tristan says he felt it just a little. After they were out he said his thumb hurt but he was talking about the skin where they came out. They x-rayed his thumb and it looks good. He may go to physical therapy but he really just needs to use it to build the muscle back up. He was scared to move it at first but he's already doing better. He has to get over habits now like doing things with his left hand and holding onto his right arm. He could bathe himself last night. Yay! I am so glad he didn't get put under general anesthesia for such a simple procedure. We would have been in the hospital all day. After he was done, Cory and I took him to lunch and he chose Burger King and then we let him have a look around Toys R Us and buy a small toy. He was a champ. Once we got home I didn't take him to school because the only things he had left for the day were lunch and PE. He can't do PE for a few weeks still just to be careful. Well he can swim but I wasn't sure what they were doing. It's funny how his little scratches have not healed because it's been in the cast. Now it can get some air and heal. Oh and I asked for copies of the xrays for his records but apparently if I want them I have to go through some big legal process. They won't let you take a pic of them with your phone or anything.