It just kind of dawned on me the other day that I started blogging right after my mom died and I think it's been very therapeutic for me. It's kind of like a way for me to say all of the things I would say to her if she were here. I've stuck with it and am proud of my stack of blog books and look forward to more. As I flipped through one the other day it was funny to me to read about how I was banning certain foods for various reasons and trying to get rid of a few zits through my diet. Well, I'll tell ya. It wasn't what I was eating. It turned out to be hard water and cleaning products. I have not had any zits since keeping the salt full in our water softener in Utah and switching to Clinique products. I do try to eat healthier than I used to but I have not said I can not have certain foods ever. I just try to eat more like our ancestors did instead of processed junk and eat less meat and more fruit and veg. I also have a problem with artificial colors, flavors etc. So don't be giving any to my kids. I am happy that most of that is not in food here in the UK. I do not have a water softener here though and it stinks. I am not getting zits but my skin and hair don't feel like they get as clean to me. I'll just have to deal with it because I am not buying a water softener here. Cory has been using the Clinique redness solutions line and it helps his poor skin on his face, especially his nose, when he uses it dilligently. When he gets sloppy and doesn't follow the regimen his nose flares up. Poor guy. I'm glad it helps some though. I just put in an order through Macy's because we are getting low. They sell it here but it's a lot more expensive.
I have gained weight since moving here and I just don't get why. I eat better here and I don't eat a lot. Maybe I'm not getting out as much but I try. It's really depressing. I stopped taking my heart meds because they make me tired and I noticed that I slowly started gaining weight when I started taking them two years ago. I have also realized that my heart only flutters when I am stressed or have consumed a lot of sugar or caffeine. Those are things I need to get rid of anyway and not just mask with meds that keep my heart rate low all of the time. I have lost a few pounds since I stopped taking them a couple of weeks ago. It's just so hard to know what the cause is when there are so many factors. My age is not on my side in this either. I think I'm going to start working out with weights instead of just doing cardio. It wouldn't hurt to be stronger and it helps boost your metabolism. I need to go to the gym more but I hate driving here and don't know anyone at the gym. Frustration!