Thursday, June 6, 2013

Eden Project

I had heard about the Eden Project and it looked cool so we decided to go. When I saw how much they charge to get in I did not want to go anymore. The normal price is something like 23 pounds per adult and 18 for kids. No green house is worth that even if it looks neat with the big bubbles in an old mine pit. Then I saw that if you go after 3:30 it's half price. That's still expensive but better and the whole idea that we'll never be here again so we might as well see it starts to persuade you. I thought I would be happy to just drive by and see it but it turns out you can't even see it until you pay to get into the area. So we ended up paying and going in after 3:30. It is neat looking and enjoyable but not worth the money. The biggest thing that bothers me about it is that it claims to be a charity about educating people to be earth friendly or something but I think it's a scam. There were very few educational facts to be found, just a pretty garden in a bubble in an old mine. Most plants were not even labelled and they didn't look as good as others I have seen in other "rain forests"or in real places like Hong Kong and Hawaii. Epcot center's greenhouse was very educational and interesting. You can see that they are doing research and developing new ways to grow food. There was none of that at Eden project. What there was a lot of was people selling things around every corner trying to rob you of even more money.
It could be something really cool and worthwhile, unfortunately it's not. The one so called educational display was a puppet show that shows you what the world would be like if there were no plants. One by one things like food, furniture, curtains etc disappear. Then the clothes on the dummies disappear revealing a full on anatomically correct man and woman. Then they collapsed dead because there would be no air. Don't you think the people would just die with their clothes on if all plants disappeared? It was so dumb. This was their attempt at education. Get real. What are they doing with the loads of money they bring in to help the earth? I have no idea.






















I dropped my iphone as we were leaving and luckily caught it before it hit the ground.
Maybe I should get a case.