Wednesday, June 5, 2013
Minack Theatre
Thursday we drove down to the southwestern tip of Cornwall. Our first stop was the Minack theatre. They have regular live performances there right on the cliff. It's pretty there and a neat idea. I liked the gardens because all of the plants there reminded me of when we lived in Monterey, CA. We did not go see the musical they were showing because Cory wasn't interested and he didn't think the kids would be either. So we opted to just show up for story time. They are doing a little skit about the beast of Bodmin moor. I think the kids liked it ok except for Avery who only paid attention during the one more exciting part. Cory and I thought it was the lamest skit or story time ever. Brits love this sort of thing though. I don't think they think any theatre is bad. They sit around and listen to people just read poetry. That's just not exciting enough for us Americans.;) As we were leaving we heard other people saying how brilliant it was. I just laughed inside. I hope their real productions are better. The beach nearby looked beautiful, Porthcurno. We had other places to go though so we didn't head down to the beach.