Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Crylla Valley Cottages















We enjoyed our stay at Crylla Valley Cottages in Saltash which is technically in Cornwall by just barely. Plymouth is the nearest city and it is part of Devon. We were going to various places which were not near each other really and this place is kind of between them all. We drove to a different place everyday. The area is very hilly. You don't know you are near the coast until you are right at it because you can't see it for all the hills. Our cottage was nice and had everything we needed and the staff were very nice and helpful. My only complaint was that my mattress was not comfy. It had no padding. I felt every spring poking in me. I managed to sleep alright anyway. When you stay here you get to be a member of the nearby country club for free and it has a nice pool with a fun slide. Avery even loved the slide! The kids enjoyed it. We only went twice because we were busy though. The kids enjoyed the nice big play yard out front and the playground. Tristan liked the swing because he could kick the tree branches when he swung high. The enjoyed playing swingball in the yard too. I was out with the boys one evening and turned to talk to Aiden and when I looked back at Tristan and Avery, they had disappeared. They get away so fast! I started calling for them and in a couple of minutes they come from behind a gate next to one of the cottages at the far end of the yard. Tristan said there was a sign on the gate that says parents must be with you if you go through the gate so they decided they better come back. I went down to see what was behind the gate and it was the river bank. I had not realized there was a big river behind the hedges and once you go past the gate there are no more hedges, just a nice cliff to sit and fish from(or fall in and drown!). I am so glad nothing happened to them. I get scared just thinking about it. Note to self, fully inspect all grounds where you stay to evaluate possible dangers.